Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sometimes I Change My Style All Around and Make It New. In Bed.

Sorry if I don't always respond to comments. With my current browser, I have to fight blogger to post, and I've had one too many longass replies eaten by the great Nothing.

Dunc, I loved that quote. Thanks.

*

The Dufflebag and I are going to make candied peanuts this afternoon. I bought some raw nuts at the Asian grocery in Littleton and we're going to cook them up with a simple mix of sugar, water, and cinammon.

After that, I lethimchoose a Netflix movie and he decided to go for the Tim Burton Batman. Fine for me. I think cartoon characters and superheroes should be cartoony, and feel insulted when the audience is asked to see monkeymen and ratmen and lightingmen and superdupermen through the lens of psychological realism. It's for the same reason that I don't want to see Hulk Hogan beaten to death in the ring. Actual death. Maybe in real life. But not in a wrestling match.

One of my problems with the Dark Knight is that even a swell acting job couldn't let me get past the fact that only in cartoons would a criminal dress as a clown. Let it be broad and colorful, and let the punches go pow! and not crack bone and cause internal bleeding and I'll make the popcorn.

2 comments:

  1. I still like Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Everyone wet their pants over Heath Ledger but I think Nicholson would win in a joker fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After rewatching it today for the first time since seeing it in the theaters twenty years ago (gulp) I have to agree. Aside from the unfortunate dance sequence, Nicholson get the edge. His was a deeper bag of tricks.

    ReplyDelete