Monday, February 2, 2009

And here we are, ready, go

The cats are lunging at all open containers. Fresh coffee, be damned. You got to keep on eye on the fuckers.

There is only a trace of pork fat on my laptop screen. I baked pork bones from Saturday's pull this morning, and right now I'm making stock with added black and sichuan peppercorns, star anise, cloves, onions, cilantro, and coriander.

The cats rev up when I cook, and calm down when I write. By switching from skimming the stock to working on the novel, I'll keep them nice and balanced.

I ate my breakfast while watching the first section of the Ernie Kovacs dvd collection Charlie lent me. But now I have coffee, and coffee and reading are brother and sister to me.

So, I'm going to sip and head deeper into Gringos before turning to the novel.

Plans today? Setting up my career center orientation, finishing the stock, finding some way to exercise (I'm still a wreck -- thought of training tonight but I think I have a new rule: if it hurts to climb the stairs, you're still too deconditioned to train), and, after watching Auto-Focus for the third time last night, doing a wiki on Bob Crane.

The coffee has cooled to the appropriate point. I'm off!

1 comment:

  1. Please note that I didn't even get a drop of pork fat on the laptop. This was merely a poetic gesture. The screen is clean.

    ReplyDelete