Friday, February 13, 2009

Big Words

Passed the 54,000 word mark. Big writing done. Knocking down the critical episodes. Feeling good.

I didn't listen to the itunes on shuffle, but went through whole albums: Best of the Replacements, Abattoir Blues and Lyre of Orpheus by Nick Cave, Transcendental Blues by Steve Earle, Alice by Tom Waits.

*

Haven't been getting enough reading done lately. I couldn't sleep the other night and read half of Tortilla Flat. No tv. No music. I lit the pellet stove and lay on the couch with the cats. I have to force myself to do this, even though it makes me happy. I suppose Socrates would have suggested that electronics work like magnets on the brain. See Plato's "Ion." And here I am, contributing to the general unwelfare.

Oh well. It's more complicated than that.

*

I have to piss. Not like a racehorse. But as a human. With dignity. In the W, we only pissed as racehorses do, which I suppose meant in hot blasts. Better not to talk about it. On with the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment