Monday, February 2, 2009

At Home with Beasts

2,100 words today, effortlessly written. And I knew it was a good sign because I thought of stuff I wanted to add back in. Meaning, instead of being merely a slapping down of clay onto a spinner, it's starting to develop a narrative coherence. Don't wonder why I never show people early drafts.

Quick shower, off to the library to pick up some Steinbeck and Sinclair for research purposes, and then I'm going to grab the Dufflebag at school. Fix the clothes rack, eight minute abs, dishes, stock, bring the Dufflebag to class, have Jess pick him up there, get home late. The week begins. Bring it on.

*

I signed up for orientation at the local career center. The woman was surprised I got laid off just last week and was already making an appointment. Perhaps they expect a whisky and beard period.

"You're getting ahead of yourself," she said.

I laughed. What do I say to that? Sign me up! Rock me and roll me, career center orientation sign up gal. This boy needs to feed his fitful engine!

No comments:

Post a Comment