Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hot Springs and Tenderloins

I defrosted some pork tenderloin and made cajun spiced medallions with an orange juice and jelly pepper reduction. That might sound odd, but the family were using my fresh baked bread to wipe their plates clean. The Dufflebag went for seconds. The bread came out better than expected, and was light and sweet.

I served it with some skillet cooked onions and spinach, topped with a balsamic and garlic reduction.

*

It was nice to have something to focus on other than the novel. If anything, now that I'm seeing it in its totality, it's a more daunting task. Is there a hot spring around here? I'd like to visit a hot spring. That might help. And no, a simple warm shower won't do. If monkeys can't grow ice beards while bathing in its waters, I'm not interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment