Monday, February 23, 2009

For Walking

I have joined the masses. I'm ready to start complaining about the cold now. I need a long walk through the woods like I need a cold drink on a hot summer day. Maybe it really has passed into the realm of a need.

*

I found another set of cd's, so I'm almost done for real now. I have a few gaps in the collection: Smog, Pavement, Slint, Half Man Half Biscuit. I have a few odd places of glut: why did I need four Mills Brothers records? The fiddling can turn endless. Better let it go.

*

Writing work started rough. I edited what was clearly the worst part of the novel. Eventually, I just highlighted and hit delete. Curiously enough, the section following worked well. I'm still going over the material I wrote when I was working full-time. You expect a certain unevenness, but it was clearly worse when I was finally sitting down to write at nine p.m.

*

I'm going to take a break from the novel and work on a few pictures I took this weekend. I still get excited about photography. Someday, when I grew up, I'm going to get a good camera again and have a go at photojournalism. I had ambitions to work both mediums, but the crabbed time constraints of driving the truck made this vision vague at best. I blinked my eyes too often. Someday, though.

1 comment:

  1. Its not as cheap as digital obviously, but you can borrow my awesome old Pentax ME if you want. Its hard to go back to negatives and slide film, time consuming and expensive. But god I miss using that camera every day. The Nikon DSLR is nice and does a great job and is cheap to use. But I also find I never print anything anymore, which is sad. I would if I used negative film. Oh well, the offer stands...

    ReplyDelete