Monday, February 23, 2009

Nestled Beasts

Slow go on the novel today, but at least I'm working on it. Restless, nearly sleepless night.

Twice in the past two days I've stood up to check my shuffling ipod, hearing an unfamiliar but interesting song. Both times it turned out to be Blonde Redhead. I've had "Misery is a Butterfly" since it came out, but never got around to listening to it. I will now.

*

Watched Murnau's Sunrise with Jess last night. Stunning cinenaphotography that made me think in terms of magic lanterns and childhood fantasy -- it worked on the level of a good Viewmaster set. Bet you don't remember how fun those were, do you?

Throw some light on a wall. Carnivals, lovers, boats. Late night. Right at the time when you're half asleep anyway. Little bit of last minute wonder before broken dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment