Monday, March 9, 2009

Plant Life

I've returned home to bake the bread. It didn't rise nearly as much as I hoped. It seems that the crust already hardened too much, even though I liberally coated it with olive oil.

It smells good. I suspect it will taste good. But it won't be what I'm after.

*

The snow continues to fall and it took me forty-five minutes to get back from Fitchburg, not even counting the multiple times I got stuck in Charlie's driveway. Last Monday it snowed, and I couldn't teach. I've been itching to get in and train, but I might have to cancel again.

*

For lunch, I sliced up the rest of the fennel, quartered some radishes, put them on a bed of spinach, and sprinkled the top with a fistful of carrots. This winter has killed me: bad knees, heavy food, lots of sitting down to read and write. I'm trying to switch to eating more plant life. I love eating plant life, thankfully.

I dressed the salad with some thai peanut sauce, combined with rice vinegar. It was luxurious, and I wish I had thought of doing it yesterday, since it easily topped the lousy store-bought yogurt and parmasan gloop we tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment