Monday, March 9, 2009

Cat Sat

Charlie is away at a conference, so I'm house sitting for him. His skittish cat took to me right away and we're both in the living room, keeping warm from the snow.

I'm hoping that the relative isolation will allow me a half day's concentrated effort on the novel. I've got about three to four hours before I have to pick up the Dufflebag, bake the bread, and head off to teach tonight.

*

Speaking of the bread, I was worried that my sourdough would rise because I went off recipe and substituted wheat for white flour. Supporting my theory that the house has bread goblins that do my work for me when I'm asleep, the dough had risen even more than the white when I checked this morning. A good sign, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. He's a good boy, isn't he? One of the most affectionate cats I've ever seen. Enjoy the coffee and take those cookies home with you. there's Irish in the china cabinet if you need a stiff dose of what ails ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a very good writing cat. I tried some of the coffee, but will avoid the cookies. The long winter is killing my health. I might take one back for the Dufflebag.

    As for what ails me, I find that anything stronger than a sip of wine clouds the process. But that doesn't mean it isn't good to know it's there.

    ReplyDelete