Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Half a Loaf of CF

For the first time since taking up nanny duties, I overslept today, and the Dufflebag was late to school.

Normally, I naturally wake up at the right time, but daylight savings must have thrown me off, and the cats failed in their duties to rouse me. Typically, they go right at my face when it's time to play, but today, perhaps sensing the deepness of my sleeping, they were rolled up at my foot.

And it was a very deep sleep, fueled by camomile and late night writing.

I put his cereal in a bag for a snack and poured him a glass of milk, which he stared at for a few minutes before I finally told him to chuck it.

My car immediately got stuck in the snow, and I had to, on the spot and in a rush, teach him how to drive so that I could push. He ended up doing a good job. It was too difficult and dangerous to explain the rocking technique of rapidly switching from reverse to drive, I had him tap the gas while I pushed as hard as I could.

"Driving is harder than I expected," he told me.

"Well, that's why you see so many bad drivers," I said, slipping into my grumpy old man mode.

The car extracted, the day began.

No comments:

Post a Comment