Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gator, Tater, Sprout Conclusion

I was more than pleasantly surprised by the fried gator. The best parts were the longer, thinner ones, which tasted very much like fried clams. The thicker ones tasted somewhere between chicken, pork, and tuna. I cooked them in the Fry Daddy after dipping the pieces in eggs and then dredging them in flour with fresh black pepper, salt, a cajun spice mix, and galanga powder.

The Dufflebag went for seconds.

I served it with with roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts, which I cooked with rosemary, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper and dressed in a mustard sauce. A simple dish that I've made before, but it always seems to work well and somehow manages to seem both healthy and hearty. Since I don't watch much tv other than cooking shows, it's nice to be reminded that simplicity is sometimes best. Of course, everyone knows this, but everyone also forgets.

Back to working on applications!

No comments:

Post a Comment