Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Couching It

Today, my back is worse, and it was a big struggle to get out of bed and get the Dufflebag to school. Lots of wallholding.

I stopped with the heating pad and opted for ice packs, which brought some relief: clear but temporary.

Since I've done nothing but lie around trying to heal up, I managed a trip to the store to buy a french press -- I've been using a decades old drip maker that seems to impart a certain unlikeable somethingness to the coffee that makes it hard to stomach. I bought a supercheap press earlier this year at a Chinese market, but the screen falls off the post with every use, making cleaning time last longer than drinking time.

So, I have a french press.

I took the first part of the MTEL practice exam today and am starting to focus on the licensing exam. If I could suffer this back problem at any time, now is it, since it makes it much easier for me to stem my curiosities and stick to the subjects at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment